Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Is it really October? This year seems to be flying by right in front of me. Luckily, I have felt more alive this year than any year past. This is one of my favorite months. (December is the top favorite. Hello, Christmas.) I am getting to celebrate my best friends wedding. My two year anniversary and Jane dog's birthday is this month. I also get to see one of my dearest friends who has been away in China and Peru for the past two years. The last time I hugged her was at my wedding. It is going to be a heavenly month. The thing I am extremely thrilled about is New York. In a little over a month I am going to be strolling the streets of Soho. I will be shopping in Chinatown. I will be eating tasty food and sipping heavenly martinis. I get to show my husband one of the most amazing cities in the world. It is a trip that I have dreamed about. I don't know if many know this about me but I occasionally sing. The last time I was in New York I was singing my heart out on the stage in Carnegie Hall. This city holds lots of special memories for me. My husband is sweet enough to let me check off one of my 33 X 30 by attending the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in person. I am a lucky woman. Regardless of all the excitement, there is work to be done. I haven't done goals since August and well September seemed a bit lost without them.
1. Spend one day in my office with a pumpkin scented candle burning and the windows up. This weather has been surprising for South Texas and beyond fabulous. I know you may think this is silly to add to my list but sometimes the littlest things make for the best days.
2. Marry off my best friend. Oh boy. This one makes me want to cry already.
3. Prep for the wedding weekend. It will be my first time hosting a bridal brunch and I want every detail just perfect. It will also be my first time being a wedding coordinator. As in keeping everyone in line for the rehearsal and answering calls the day of and waving my fingers to have everything come together. You know, the important stuff. Ha!
4. Have a weekend getaway with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. This one is planned and ready to go. I like getaways with him. I may even get daring enough to turn my phone off for the entire weekend.
5. Continue to grow my readership and start on a media kit. I am still in the researching phases of advertising but I haven't ruled it out completely. I want to create a media kit for reference.
I am really trying to take it easy this month. We have a lot of non-bloggy things going on around these parts. October is a big ole celebration and I am ready! What are your monthly goals? Any exciting plans? I hope you have a great Wednesday!