When I was thinking of what recipe to share I thought about the dish I make most at the Holidays. Hashbrown casserole = Holiday joy at our house! This recipe is easy, inexpensive and can be assembled the night before.
Photo Source: Here
Here is what you need:
1 bag of frozen hashbrowns (I prefer cubed)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small white onion
1 & 1/2 cups of sour cream
1/2 block of Velveeta cheese
2-3 tablespoons of butter
About 2 - 3 cups of cornflakes (You be the judge.)
1. Dice white onion. Cut Velveeta in small cubes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine hashbrowns, can of cream of chicken soup, onion, sour cream and Velveeta.
3. Melt butter in the microwave.
4. Crush cornflakes.
5. Spray baking dish (I usually use a 9x13 baking dish). Pour in hashbrown mixture. Top with crushed cornflakes. Pour butter on top of the dish.
6. Bake until bubbly (35-45 minutes).
7. Enjoy and help yourself to seconds!
Sounds delicious doesn't it? Like I mentioned you can make this dish the night before and add the cornflakes and butter right before you are ready to bake the dish. This dish is guaranteed to be a hit with friends, family and little ones. I will give you one guess as to what side dish I am making for Thanksgiving?
What are your favorite dishes around the Holidays? Share your recipes below!